Following each of the Centre for Mental Health Education’s Workshops all workshop materials, resources discussed and additional resources will be available via our password protected pages!
Our DBT Workshops are headed by our Director Peter King who has been intensively trained and mentored by Marsha Linehan’s senior trainers at Behavioral Tech LLC. Our workshops describe both Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Model and also integrate current clinical practices for clinicians wanting to use a Dialectical Behaviour Therapy approach!
Babette is international faculty with the Centre for Mental Health Education. Babette’s workshop materials, links to videos and additional resources are available thorough this page.
Babette is the author of five books including the best selling “The Body Remembers”. Babette also contributed a chapter to Body Psychotherapy (ed. Tree Staunton) and has most recently created/edited the 8 Keys Self-Help Series.
- Stabilising Traumatised Individuals for assessment and initial interventions: Laying the Foundation for Safe Trauma Therapy (1 Day)
- The Body Remembers: Integrating Body and Mind for Trauma Recovery (2 Days)
- Babette Rothschild Intensive: Somatic Trauma Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress (12 Days)
Mindfulness is one of the core components of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Somatic Trauma Therapy (STT) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) which are the three modalities taught by the Centre for Mental Health Education.
Please find below workshop materials for our mindfulness based workshops
- Mindfulness for Health Professionals (1 Day)
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Foundations of Mindfulness
- Clinician Retreats (4 & 7 Days)
Our Dementia Workshops are led by leading Dementia consultant and educator Leah Bisiani. Click links below to access workshop materials, videos and resources!
- Foundation Training in Dementia
- Depression Versus Dementia
- Validation when working with Dementia
- Short term memory loss in Dementia
- Falls prevention and hydration in Dementia
The Centre for Mental Health Education runs a range of specialist workshops in various topics. In 2016 the Centre will be offering specialist workshops including in using Information Technology in the Delivery of Health Care; Treatment Approaches for uses of Methamphetamine (ICE); Recovery Oriented Practice in Mental Health Care; Trauma Informed Approaches in Mental Health Care.
Download handouts, slides and view videos by clicking the links below!
- Information Technology in the Delivery of Health Care;
- Treatment Approaches for uses of Methamphetamine (ICE);
- Recovery Oriented Practice in Mental Health Care;
- Trauma Informed Approaches in Mental Health Care.